How to make your bedroom look unique? Certainly, the colors can have a huge impact, including the color you paint the walls or choose for bedding and curtains. The style of bedroom furnishings is another aspect of the special atmosphere in your bedroom.
Beyond that are the small touches that you definitely add, but don’t always think about: accessories. Bedroom accessories vary greatly and can really change a space with just a few things to help decorate the whole area.
What accessories to place in your bedroom?
You have to consider first who will be staying in there. The personality of the inhabitant can guide the decision. Think about styles or themes you are attempting to stick to. If you prefer a contemporary look, a rug or an antique lamp is probably not the best choice to suit your bedroom.
Bedroom accessories come in different types, from decorative to functional. Most items are not necessarily needed but add visual appeal and flair. Functional accessories include lamps, rugs, storage bins, mirrors. Paintings, posters, wall decals, pillows and souvenirs are accessories used only for decorative purposes.
As your bedroom can quickly become cluttered with too many useless accessories, you should carefully choose which ones to display. Even the nicest pieces can make the space look crowded if they are stuffed into a little room. In smaller bedrooms, try to limit the use of bedroom accessories and keep things simple so that it’s not overwhelming. A few pictures on the wall, a lamp and a rug may be all you need. Even when you are dealing with a large space, be careful not to create the cluttered look we mentioned above.
A few carefully chosen accessories can really contribute to the feel of your space. In the bedroom, it’s of great importance to create a feeling of relax, so consider using accessories in themes and colors that will help you feel calm. If you succeed in choosing the right accessories, your bedroom will turn into a sanctuary, filled with relaxing personal touches. Create a unique room inviting deep sleep with ultimate comfort. For example, create the feeling of ocean by using blue color and placing shells around the room. There are so many things that can make the bedroom room reflect your personality. Browse for thoughtful details to bring together all parts of the bedroom. Check out pictures, prints, lamps, candles and other vital bedroom accessories when beginning your journey of decorating.
It all comes down to personal choice from which bedroom accessories to choose. Consider the overall design of the room itself and think about its general theme. From there, pay attention to decorative figurines which have to match bedroom’s design. There are fantastic accessories, with no end to the possibilities and something suitable for every taste, from pieces of art to cartoon characters.
It is not a bedroom without a bed. A bedroom also needs at least a few pieces of furniture. But even with all essentials in place, it might still be lacking something special because it’s the accessories that transform a plain room into an attractive space that is welcoming after a hard day. There are certain accessories that do well in the bedroom and you can give it a new look simply by adding them.
Here are some accessories that your bedroom really needs:
- Large Artwork. Something striking on the wall will give your bedroom theatricality. A group of smaller accessories might be attractive, but don’t carry the same effect as a single accent piece. Don’t limit to framed prints or paintings. Other choices include framed maps, wall decals, tapestries, ornate mirrors, enlarged photos. As long as your choice is more than half the width of the bed, it is big enough to balance the look of the bedroom. Your wall hangings have to match different things in the room. Think about paintings which complement the overall color scheme, or highlight hues in the bedding.
- Impact Lighting. You’d better have a few sources of light
in the bedroom ceiling lighting, a bedside and floor lamp. If all these light sources look boring, you’re missing the chance to boost the appeal of your bedroom. Not every lamp has to be a show stopper, but at least one must be special. A gleaming floor lamp, whimsical bedside lamp or small chandelier, whatever your decorating style, there is a lamp to complement it. Make sure that at least one of your sources of light makes an impact and it will be a fantastic addition. If you prefer candles, seek out gorgeous silver, gold or crystal candle holders that fit tapers.
- Area Rug. Don’t exclude the rug if your bedroom is carpeted. Area rugs add color and pattern, as well as another layer of texture to any room. When sizing the rug for use under the bed, at least two-thirds of your bed have to be atop the rug. Other options include placing a smaller one along the side of mattress or at the foot of bed. In either of these cases, take a rug which fills the space within a few inches of nearest wall.
- Throw Blanket. A throw blanket adds a sparkle of colorful contrast in the bedroom.Keep it folded across bed’s foot to warm your feet , or wrap around your shoulders while sitting up in bed to watch TV. You could also use it to stay curled up in your chair with a favorite magazine.
- Toss Pillows. Another opportunity to add texture and color to the bedroom decor is to add pillows to your bed. Your room will instantly look better. Use no more than three throw pillows, and choose patterns that contrast the bedding while matching other accessories. Bedroom accessories revolving around the bed make excellent options. Fluffy throws are one possibility, especially if they are eye-catching and unique.
- Something Personal. The most personal space in any home is the bedroom. Think of visiting the house of a friend of yours. You sit in the living room and don’t hesitate to enter the bathroom or kitchen, but the bedroom is absolutely off-limits. The sanctuary-like feeling can be increased by adding personally meaningful items. These might be simple as framed photos of favorite places, or something you were given and has special meaning to you.Think about stunning crystal pieces, jewelry boxes or modern figures.
When thinking about bedroom accessories, it all comes down to your personal preference. There are all kinds of accessories, some complementary, others contrasting. The possibilities that concern the accessorizing of your bedroom may be overwhelming, so use your imagination. And have fun while creating your perfect bedroom.